dinsdag 10 januari 2017

My word of the year




Collective 52 Photo Project "2017"

New this year ... Two Monthly Prompts
Literary Devices - Atmosphere / Mood
Influential Photographers - Ansel Adams


Ansel Adams, best known for his impressive black and white landscape images ...
but it was his "Still Life, San Francisco" (1932) that inspired me ...
www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/ansel-adams-still-life-sa...

Knorr bouillon cube tin,
contrasty, dark and moody ...
quite happy with how it turned out :-)
Below the colored version ...


*

Knorr bouillonblokjes blik,
contrastrijk, donker en stemmig ...
best tevreden met hoe het geworden is :-)
Hieronder de versie in kleur ...



The Studio 2.O
Studio Story - Top down

Edit based on Kim's preset 'Truly'

RITUALS Rose Wisdom,
soothing herbal melange - Ginger & Rose


*

RITUALS Rose Wisdom,
kalmerende kruidenmelange - Gember & Roos



My word of the year ...

I struggle with getting rid of things ...
books, magazines, a lot of props ...
I didn't feel comfortable with all that stuff anymore,
that's why I chose 'Change' last year.
But it wasn't till the end of the year
that I really started decluttering ...
so my word of the year to motivate myself
is ... 'Letting go'


*

Mijn woord van het jaar ...

Ik vind het moeilijk om dingen weg te doen ...
boeken, tijdschriften, heel veel dingen ...
ik voelde me niet meer goed met al die spullen,
daarom koos ik vorig jaar 'Verandering'.
Maar het was pas eind vorig jaar
dat ik echt begonnen ben met opruimen ...
dus mijn woord voor dit jaar om mezelf te motiveren
is ... 'Loslaten'

Fijne week,
Have a nice week,
Sylvia

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, I so love your Knorr cube tin, darling Sylvia, these vintage things amaze me more and more and win my heart !

    Hope your week is off to a good start,
    I'm sending blessings of joy on your coming days,
    be a sweetie !

    Xx Dany

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Your take on black and white is stunning! B/W is one of my favorite styles to experiment with on my colorful images. I especially love portraits and even candid people shots in B/W. I'm smiling at your "letting go" theme for this year. Too bad we don't live near each other we could combine a nice sale. I've gathered up a bunch of similar things to find a new home for. A great way to start a New Year! Happy day to you my friend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful image inspired by Still Life, San Francisco! I love B&W images. And I love the color combination of the last image. Red gives such a nice accent!
    "Letting go" is a great word that I need to keep in mind, too. Some things are worth hanging on, but there are many that are better to let go.

    Have a great day, Sylvia!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Loslaten is het moeilijkst in het leven vind ik...maar ik doe ook mijn best om dat te doen......en ook vooral voor mezelf te kezen...ook dat is belangrijk liefs Ria x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. In 1 woord GEWELDIG Sylvia deze foto's, de eerste twee eens
    vanuit een geheel ander zichtpunt genomen dan we van jou gewend
    zijn.

    Wat ik me afvraag, gisterenavond laat keek ik even op je
    blog en toen zag de bovenste foto er voor mij veel donkerder uit.
    Nu heb ik net vanmiddag mijn nieuwe laptop gehaald en baal ontzettend
    want alle kleuren ook van mijn eigen blog zijn anders van kleur
    Veel bruiner allemaal, maar bij jou is de weergave van de bovenste
    foto eigenlijk weer veel mooier en frisser dan ik gisterenavond zag???

    Prachtig trouwesns dat oude knor blikje en de mooi franse kom.
    Mooi woord van het jaar geef je, en ik hoop dan ook dat het
    opruimen [loslaten] gaat lukken die jaar.
    Best moeilijk allemaal, op zich zijn het natuurlijk allemaal
    leuke, lieve, grappige spulletjes, maar ik herken het wel hoor
    op een gegeven moment wordt je gek van jezelf, hahaha.

    Misschien een paar mooie grote oude hutkoffers kopen en alle
    losse [maar leuke] spulletjes daarin doen, de drukte van het
    zien ben je dan kwijt en alles is toch nog te gebruiken voor
    het fotograferen.

    Nou ja, aan mij heb je ook niks hé, haha wil jij dapper het nodige
    weg gaan doen en laat ik het je weer in een kist stoppen, let maar niet op mij.

    Lieve groet,
    Josephine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I had no idea Ansel Adams took any still life images. I like yours better. :) I have a hard time getting rid of things too. I am doing better, but I could still get rid of more. My word for the year is focus. I want to focus on what is important to me and bring my full attention (focus) to all I do. Have a great weekend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I also didn't realize Ansel Adams took anything other than landscape photos-so thank you for that little tid bit.I have a bit of a paper fetish for art journaling so it's hard to let some of that stuff go! I know at some point I'm going to have to let it all go...but now right now! beautiful post Sylvia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen